Looking for missing files like textures etc.

mgajewski

Would it be (or is it) possible, to make IronCAD look in subfolders (subdirectories) when looking for missing files (missing textures in a scene, etc.) , or even to make it look in "My Documents" or "Computer" - so that it is not necessary to drill down to the actual folder containing the missing file?

Here is one way that may help:

When you open up a scene and a linked texture is missing, then you are asked if you want to browse to a folder where it may be.

After that is done IC ask you if you want to add that path for finding images in the future.

I have a folder named C:\Ironcad bas\textures\often used textures\

where I like to put all my custom textures. Then I point IC to that path.

Here is one way that may help:

When you open up a scene and a linked texture is missing, then you are asked if you want to browse to a folder where it may be.

After that is done IC ask you if you  want to add that path for finding images in the future.

I have a folder named C:\Ironcad bas\textures\often used textures\

where I like to put all my custom textures. Then I point IC to that path.

33403[/snapback]

That's a helpful workaround, Robert, thanks.

I am asking for a more comprehensive solution, more automated one, in order not to have to do workarounds like that. The fewer hurdles we encounter the more productive we can be.

-I can agree on that view as long as the user get the info on the new selection.

If it´s all under "the hood" the assemblies can change it contents with out the users knowledge. That can be difficult to spot in large assemblies.

-My personal view is to have a project with all its cad files in one project folder. All 3D scenes, drawings, PDF´s in right under that project folder. Folder name can be "PROJECT NUMBER + DESCRIPTION". Potentially have sub folders with QUOTES, MANUALS and such.

-Also, under tools/ Option you can select to store the texture in the scene it self.