Recommended laptop

bmodi

Hello Friends

Wishing you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

For the new year, I am planning to get a laptop with 17" screen minimum

Do you have any recommendations to run Ironcad, Autocad, CorelDraw.

Any help will be appreciated

Thx

Bimal

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Friends

Wishing you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

For the new year, I am planning to get a laptop with 17" screen minimum

Do you have any recommendations to run Ironcad, Autocad, CorelDraw.

Any help will be appreciated

Thx

Bimal

33342[/snapback]

I have a MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it. I have just switched to Apple desktop and laptops after 15 years of Windows pain and my eyes were opened to all that I had been missing. I am now running IronCAD on my desktop MacPro with Bootcamp and it runs better and faster than on any Windows desktop I ever had. I intend to install it on my MacBook Pro soon and I expect it's going to be fine as well. And another important bonus: Apple displays are in a class of their own. I have just sold my one year old highly specced 17 inch Vaio laptop - even though it's one of the best Windows laptops, its display looks dim and hazy next to Apple's.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your input, appreciated

I have a MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it. I have just switched to Apple desktop and laptops after 15 years of Windows pain and my eyes were opened to all that I had been missing. I am now running IronCAD on my desktop MacPro with Bootcamp and it runs better and faster than on any Windows desktop I ever had. I intend to install it on my MacBook Pro soon and I expect it's going to be fine as well. And another important bonus: Apple displays are in a class of their own. I have just sold my one year old highly specced 17 inch Vaio laptop - even though it's one of the best Windows laptops, its display looks dim and hazy next to Apple's.

33356[/snapback]

• 2 years later...

33356[/snapback]

I know old post, but is "bootcamp" a free program?

t

A top speed mobile i5 with discrete graphics, 8GB or 16 GB or ram and 480 GB SSD on a good reliable brand will save you the day. i7 will be a premium if you do rendering with KeyShot most of the time, but put priority on the SSD, RAM and discrete graphics will give you better returns on your investment than a well spec i7 running on an hdd and 8 GB of ram.

regards