Stereoscopic display

B. Ludin

Hi ICfolks

Does IC support stereoscopic displays or are there plans to implement that in the foreseeable future?

Beat

having spent the last two years designing a rig, and completed the build , the customer viewed it as though it was the first time they had seen the design, and we all agreed it was quite different from looking at 3d cad models.

What was the difference we thought? well I would assume the steriscopic display forms a major part of it.

I can't imagine wanting to use this feature all day long, but certainly for presentations and detailed design reviews with the customer it could well be very useful.

It is not a major push at the moment. Not sure how many will enjoy wearing the 3D glasses all day smile.gif

If you can get your work done in half the time, you will only have to wear them half-day tongue.gif

I have yet to see a movie that really gains significantly from being in 3D. And still, there's a boom. Seeing your CAD model in 3D, however, may really facilitate your work. And shutter-glasses are getting lighter and more comfortable. Look at the new series from Samsung, for instance. So don't underestimate the potential.

Beat