fillet tool

Doug Gower

First of all I don't understand why this tool is called fillet and not radius? I probably asked that before though.

Either way, when I try to put two fillets together that take up a certain space I get an error. For example if I place two 1/2 inch fillets in the length of an inch I get an error, but if one of them is shorter (or .249") then it works fine. I could understand the error if I was going over the total amount but not if it equals the same amount.

Should I move this to bug report or ?

Here's an example .avi attached that shows the error.

Does anyone know an easy way to do this in order to get the fillets to add up? I can usually manage to get it to work but not as easy as it should be.

radius.7z

If I recall, it is based on the tool or it needs a line segment. In that case, the line segment would be removed so it fails. I'll have to see if there is a way to resolve it and still maintain the behavior (draging). It seems this is a common issue (I tried in SW 2009 and had the same issue (stated it cannot create the fillet/radius since one of the segments will be removed). The only other way to achieve it is with a 3 tangent circle then trim.

Cary

Guest EricFoy

If you make each fillet .024999, that will leave enough straight-line segment for the system to succeed. It's a work-around, but it would be acceptable for 99% of my work. For the other 1%, I'd follow Cary's suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EricFoy

And from Wikipedia:

• Fillet (mechanics), in mechanical engineering, a concave easing of an interior corner of a part used to reduce stress concentration (pronounced “fill-it”)

• Fillet (cut), a boneless cut of lean meat or fish.

• Fillet (clothing), a headband typically worn with a wimple

• Fillet (typography) is the part that joins a serif to the stem of a letter. Very similar to the mechanics meaning above. Also known as a bracket.

• Fillet (webzine), an early cooking webzine dedicated to fine dining, which appeared in HotWired between 1996-1997

• Filet, Switzerland, a village in the canton of Valais

• Fish Fillets NG, a computer game

• 2 weeks later...