MS Excel Probelm - Non-IronCAD

tlehnhaeuser

Hello,

Calling all MS Excel Power users I have a question for you. I have attached a spreadsheet as an example.

My goal is trying to enter a value in either cell and have the resulting cell update properly. I have searched the webd for a solution to no avail.

Anyone can supply the answer, I would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tom

Book1.zip

Tom-

If you are looking for a 1-shot opportunity you can do that, however once you enter in data into one of the fields, you can't then change your mind and enter static values into the other field. For example, try turning on the "Iterative Calculation" option in Excel, then you can replace the "Annual" static value of 12000 with "=B3*12" (while B3 still says "=A3/12") and the sheet won't blow up.

You can't have an Excel cell be both a driving and a driven value (i.e. you can't do what you are asking with just the 2 cells). If you want to expand out and add some intermediate cells (for interface), you can add some usability to it.

Tom-

If you are looking for a 1-shot opportunity you can do that, however once you enter in data into one of the fields, you can't then change your mind and enter static values into the other field.  For example, try turning on the "Iterative Calculation" option in Excel, then you can replace the "Annual" static value of 12000 with "=B3*12" (while B3 still says "=A3/12") and the sheet won't blow up.

You can't have an Excel cell be both a driving and a driven value (i.e. you can't do what you are asking with just the 2 cells).  If you want to expand out and add some intermediate cells (for interface), you can add some usability to it.

30570[/snapback]

Thanks Mike

this is useful to know. I knew I could count on you

Cheers

t