Virtual Memory

Dave G

Had a irritating problem throughout today, currently using a brand new Dell Precision 450 Desktop - single Xeon 2.8 GHz with a 128 MB nVidia QuadroFX 500 Graphic Card (well 4 weeks old actually) on Win XP SP1 Pro.

Keep getting a warning message saying 'Available Memory is Low, Please close other applications, save your work and restart IronCad. Additionally you may want to increase your Virtual Memory'.

The file I'm using is not that large so dont really know how to resolve this issue.

Any ideas ?

IronWOOD is not complaining about your Video Memory here... so your video card is not part of the problem. How much physical memory is in your machine? I would throw a couple more stick of RAM in there... then take a look at using the /3GB switch so you can allocate that memory better (there are a few threads in here that address this topic). If I were you I would ignore the part about increasing your Virtual memory (a.k.a. pagefile) and go straight to increasing your REAL memory... it will make your IronCAD experience a lot more peacefull (and keep your Chi centered, your fung-shui in balance, and your Karma good).

MikeT.