7.0 Teaser: Free Scene Viewer

Chris Lohman

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a FREE SCENE VIEWER (Native .ics files) released with 7.0.

Here's a screenshot of the prototype viewer. Please keep in mind that this is a prototype shot only and that it may or may not change up to 100% by the time it releases.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=849

post-726-3-8545.jpg_thumb

Guest Floris Stam

ohmy.gif I see markup, do you see markup, those redlining buttons!!!!smile.gif And, and I see more great thing... Can't wait, can't sleep... biggrin.gif

Floris Stam

Anvil Support

www.IronCAD.nl

Hi Chris

This looks great!

Will it be in the file (to send with the file) or as a free standing free viewer to download at ironcad.com?

A look at the Icons:

Seems as if the client has the possibility to overwrite with a pencil...this would be great!

Nervously waiting on that!

Carlo

Guest dlalonde

I have to comment on the presence of a 3d compass or 'ucs icon'. While I always enjoyed the freedom of not having to pay attention to a global coord. system, the guys that I've taught (with 3d-wireframe and surfacing experience) have all felt a bit disoriented at the absence of an 'up' direction. 'Which way is up Dave?' - 'Any way you want it to be!' 'Oh...'

This compass is a good thing, as the grid doesn't quite equal it and is not always viewable, will it be available to turn on in Ironcad as well, or just in the viewer?

Hi Dave,

Yes, a World Coordinate Axes indicator will be available in IronCAD 7.0 (It can be toggled on/off).

Actually Rick, in IronCAD we have the same color and definition as you described in EdgeCAM. The viewer has its own color and definition (I will see if there is anyway we can alter it).

Cary

Guest dlalonde

Hi Cary, this is encouraging, I think that all of the improvements in the pipeline will serve to keep YS plugged in. Keep up the good work !

Before the 6.0 was out, we were told that parallell development was carried out for better drawing facilities among other things, and that the next release (6.1 or 6.2 or something), would be out in very short time. Then we got the message that there will not be a follow up release soon enough, but the 7.0 will be out during winter. Now the scedule with beta testing in may and follow up debugging before CD manufacturing suggest we will not see anything before mid summer.

Pwidegren,

Theres already a free 2D drawing Viewer in IronCAD under the Add-ons folder in your IronCAD Directory entitled IC52Shell. It works through Adobe Acrobats PDF format. Thisa will allow any user with FREE Acrobat Reader to open native IronCAD drawings.

If you can find in your directory, heres a link where you can download.

http://www.magnacad.com/SoftwareDivision/IronCAD/Downloads/Downloads.html

Enjoy.

Tom Lehn...

Magnacad Design Inc.

quote:
Originally posted by tlehnhaeuser:

Pwidegren,

Theres already a free 2D drawing Viewer in IronCAD under the Add-ons folder in your IronCAD Directory entitled IC52Shell. It works through Adobe Acrobats PDF format. Thisa will allow any user with FREE Acrobat Reader to open native IronCAD drawings.

If you can find in your directory, heres a link where you can download.

http://www.magnacad.com/SoftwareDivision/IronCAD/Downloads/Downloads.html

Enjoy.

Tom Lehn...

Magnacad Design Inc.

id=quote>
id=quote>

There seems to be something missing in that file, or with all support information I have seen so far regarding this, so the view function is not readily obtained.

The easiest way is to install IronCAD as a 30 day demo on the computer in need of the viewer, and when the time limit is passed, the view function (right click view and PDF creation) is still active.

Somehow the IronCAD install puts all those dll's and stuff in their proper places, where the IC52shell does not.