hot fix

bbuche

Happy new year to all. I was wondering when a hot fix will be available. It is the new year and the only thing stopping us from truly upgrading is a couple of minor things to be fixed with IC. Main items are the custom bom's and the fact that settings are not sticking. See bug reports for more detailed explanations.

Thanks and happy new year

We currently are not planning any additional Hotfix releases. We are working on our first Product Update release which should be available in the Q1 timeframe. I believe the Custom BOM crash and the persistance issue with the Backup is filed to be addressed in that release.

Thanks

Cary

so what do I tell our 30 dealers that want to upgrade? Dont because things might be fixed sometime in the next 3 months.... what about the supressed items what about the back up files, I am sorry that I am going off here but this is kind of the standard thing that goes on here every new version of IC. Put out a new release that probably should have not come out and then have to wait for a pu1 to actually start using the program......

The suppressed item issue is not yet confirmed what the issue is (at least that is what I last remember - I believe we asked a few follow-up questions to the issue to better understand the cause of the condition).

The BOM issue I can't seem to reproduce anymore after HF1. I'm still trying today. I tried today when the path is Template-BOM-FolderName and it worked fine. I'll keep invesigating this more today.

The Backup issue is known and R&D is investigating the issue. I assume this will require a change to our persistancy and will require additional testing before it can be released. This type of change is not normally a hotfix since it changes the data we save in the application. If it is not risky, we can investigate a Hotfix release.

Our process it to address a number of items before releasing a Hotfix or Product Update since we want to perform full QA testing on the items (since some changes can affect other areas of the prodcut). Unfortunately some of the issues are not found in time for some releases (as in the last hotfix release) and are targeted for the upcoming releases.

It would be best to work with your team to find out the exact list of issues that are preventing the upgrade so that we can see if we can potentially deliever a hotfix. Please only list the critical items for this upgrade considering other issues can be addressed in other updates.

Thanks

Cary