Urgent Help

Dave G

Guest Floris Stam

I assume you don;t mean you have IronCAD still open with some unsaved work. In that case go to Start->Settings->Controle Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Managment:

Left menu: Device Manager

Right screen: Universel Serial Bus Controllers

Delete any device in there. If you mouse is USB this one whill stop to. Restart you computer without the IronCAD dongle. Windows will look for the divices automaticly. After this is done, put back the IronCAD dongle after it should work again.

Floris Stam

IronCAD.nl

Hi Dave,

Let me make sure I' clear on the issue. You insert the IronCAD USB. Start IronCAD and it will not recognize the license file from the dongle (The start will launch the Trial Dialog or could not obtain license message). Is this correct? Can you attach the dongle to a different computer with IronCAD to see if it will work on that computer? The dongle may be damaged but I would like to test it on a different computer just for reference. If it doesn’t work on a different computer, please send an email to support@ironcad.com with your serial number and dongle ID number. We will try to reactivate it and if that does not work, we will need to reissue you a new dongle. If this is the case, we can set you up on a trial license until you receive the new dongle. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Cary

I dont believe it to be the dongle, if you start Ironcad it does go into the trial mode (expired). On checking through the device manager it does'nt have the driver to run the usb token and asks where to locate it.

I'll try the dongle on a different PC tomorrow and let you know

Thanks for your help

Dave

If you are having issues installing the drivers for the USB, you can download the drivers from http://www.rainbow.com/support/downloads.asp. The driver you need will be: Sentinel system Driver 32 bit MSI installer v5.41.1

We also include it in the IC6.0 PU2 install in the following install location:

\IronCAD\IRONCAD6\Support\SSD5.41.1\SSD5411-32bit.exe

Please let me know if you can get the drivers install using these methods.

Thanks,

Cary

I've checked the dongle on another computer, which, as I thought worked fine. Personally I dont believe it to be a I.C issue so dropped the Computer off with the so called experts to check it over. I was due to get ot back earlier today, then later today, then late this afternoon, now tomorrow, more that likely Monday !

Once I finally do get it back I'll download the drivers required, I'm sure this will correct the problem I've got.

I'd like to thank you, I.C and the community for all the help I've received since obtaining the software a few months ago.

I'll let you know if the downloads work.

Thanks Again

Dave