special project

bbuche

ok I have a problem and wondering if the community has a solution for me. We have a product line called truss that you can connect 1 stick to another stick of this product. To connect these two pieces there are connectors. To save time we do not draw these connectors and since they are inside of the stick they are never seen.

Ok so my problem is, is there a way to attach a secondary part info to a part so I can compute the connectors that go along with each stick of truss? I tried attaching a 2d shape and giving it my part info for the connector and it does not compute right on the BOM

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

B-

I think you have to make an assembly in this case. The assembly would contain the real part and the 2D shape part. All your attachment points would need to be moved to the assembly level. Then the BOM needs to be a Parts Only BOM and it should calculate correctly. When you make copies of the part, you need to do it at the assembly level.

Other than than, I can only think of an API project to add the extra part information (I would need to see if it is possible).

Cary

• 3 weeks later...

ok I attached a 2-d shape to my original part and made an assembly and it works great now the one problem I have is all my smart snaps went away because they were on the original part and now it is an assembly. Do I now need to transfer all those smart snaps at the assembly level?

thanks

B-