IC 2009 Download sizes

Mike Twining

I've downloaded both the 32 and 64-bit version of "XG" off the net, and I became concerned when my filesize downloaded did not match the filezise reported. No matter how many time I do it, I get the following filesizes:

32-Bit: (483+ MB downloaded; 508MB reported on website)

64-Bit: (559+MB downloaded; 587MB reported on website)

Both files appear equally (percentage wise) short... Is the website wrong, or do I need a lesson in downloading from the 'net (I thought I was pretty good at it)? Perhaps a english-metric conversion + 1000bytes = MB vs. 1024 bytes = MB issue?

Edited by Mike Twining

I don't know and I am not going to be that guinea pig smile.gif. I'm more like the "confirm the md5sum matches" dork when it comes to OSs (Ubuntu baby!) or larger downloads. Hell, even Vista and Win7 now have a "checksum" (md5, SHA, etc...) command you can run (sure, you need to download it from MS first...).

What is the reported (in windows) file size of the items you posted to the 'net? Is it what is shown on the webpage?

I think it's all in the way the bytes add up. When I get properties on my downloaded file for IronCAD2009XG64.exe, it says "Size: 559 MB (586,459,520 bytes)" and the size in Windows Explorer shows 572,715 Kb. Those extra 24 bytes per thousand really begin to add up when you approach a gigabyte. wink.gif