Multiple Parts

Dave G

Could anyone give me a bit of advise - I have a Scene which contains heaps of parts, what's the best way of selecting the individual parts for detailing ?. I cant really use the config as there's too many parts. I first thought that it would be a good idea to create a seperate 'Temp' scene and copy the parts individualy from the original scene and then create the detail, delete the copied part and start again - that does'nt seem to work very efficiently.

I would of liked to of been able to pick a single part in the scene, create the detail and then supress that part until the complete scene has been supressed - I would then know that I had'nt missed any of the parts within the scene.

Any Ideas ?

Dave

As you detail the parts you could add them to one or more assemblies. When you're finished, all parts should be in an assembly. For me, assemblies are a good way to control large sections of complex scenes - and they are versatile, since its easy to disassemble & reassemble or drag parts from one assembly into another. You can even reorder the parts inside an assembly by selecting them in the order you want, then assemble & disassemble.

• 2 months later...

To create a part to detail from a current scene.

There is only really one right way to do this.

Select Part or Assembly

Assembly

Save as Part/Assembly

Link to current scene (so you get automatic changes in part detail)

Open new saved Part

Create 2D Detail Drawing

Save Drawing (.ICD) as same name as Part Detail (.ICS)

Rob is correct. This is the best scenerio since it will eliminate the chance of "confusing" IronCAD as to various part/drawing relationships and maintaining associativity.

We recommend using Configurations when there several iterations on the same file you wish to capture on 2D.

Tom Lehn...

Magnacad Design Inc.