Multiple Hole Size Change at Once

tlehnhaeuser

Does anyone know how to change at the circles of a cross-section to a single diameter simultaneously.

GOAL: For Mold tooling Design this is crucial since there could be thousands of holes on a Part. For Instance. A Plate has ten .350 Dia, Holes. I extrude and project these holes on B Plate and want to change all of them to .265"

Thanks

Tom

I don't think there is any direct way to edit multiple shapes at once, however I still think you have some options:

For your example:

1. If you need to maintain both the .35 and .265 size holes:

I would make sure the original holes (.35) were all "linked" together. Slect all the holes at the intellishape level and drag that into the catalog (you can then edit the catalog item to make sure that the anchor for the group of holes is in a nice spot for you). Then you can drag the group of holes onto your new part, and since they are linked, you can change them all by changing one.

2. If you want to change ALL the holes to .265:

Again, with all the .35 holes linked, edit the cross-section of one of the holes and put a dimensional constraint on the diameter. You should then be able to do the above. Instead of changin one of the sizebox dimensions though, you can change all the dimensions using the parameters table.

3. Write a VB app that will do it, which will become obsolete at the next IronCAD release.

Probably none of these is what you wanted to hear.

MikeT

To the IronDudes, I would like this post to actually be an ER. Below are som emore comments on this.

The ability to query for holes on a part/assy according to size. Then be

able to change their size in a dialog box.

An extension to this would be to query for all holes with tolerances. Ie:

query all holes under 1/4" dia, Over 1/4" dia. plus/minus .015" etc...

This is crucial for the toolmaking industry.

The reproduction of hole placement across many plates with the ability to select and change them as a group (no matter what assorted sizes) or as a selected culling of a designated size or sizes.

The next opp is to select the sizes needed, lets say 1/4" all holes, and then add in one set of strokes the c'bore for sock head cap screw heads. So if you have 20 , 1/4" holes and they all need to be c'bored for a head dia., it can be done without selecting each hole individually.