Drawings will not open today...

HELP on IC11 ! ! !

When I try to open a drawing I used yesterday I get a "SmartHeap Library" error saying that Im out of memory. If aborting IC11 terminates, if choosing to ignore it I get Insufficient memory to continue and a follow up with Failed to load the document, Cause: Undefined error.

It has been running on IC10 for months and in IC11 for some days now...

Running:

XPp SP2

AMD Athlon 64

2GHz

1GB RAM

The 3GB switch has been done but did not help

Running:

XPp SP2

AMD Athlon 64

2GHz

1GB RAM

The 3GB switch has been done but did not help

24064[/snapback]

You don't have sufficient memory to "benefit" (or even use really) from the /3GB switch, and in fact, it may be causing you more problems, as you may not be leaving enough memory for the OS. First order of business is to either reverse that switch, or to go down to your local computer shop and get yourself some additional memory.

Did you install any other applications or anything between the time when IC worked and when you noticed that it did not?

You don't have sufficient memory to "benefit" (or even use really) from the /3GB switch, and in fact, it may be causing you more problems, as you may not be leaving enough memory for the OS.  First order of business is to either reverse that switch, or to go down to your local computer shop and get yourself some additional memory.

Did you install any other applications or anything between the time when IC worked and when you noticed that it did not?

24071[/snapback]

No installations since it worked the last time. A new drawing just crashed for me to day...

No installations since it worked the last time. A new drawing just crashed for me to day...

24072[/snapback]

Have you solved your problem yet? I had one idea that worked for me on a previous install but I would try this last. You can repair the installation if you go to add remove programs in the control panel. Go to IronCAD and select: click here for support info and there should be a repair option. You should probably have the install disk in the drive if you try it.