Tax Rant

tlehnhaeuser

I know this is not IronCAD related but what the heck.

These are just some of the taxes we pay in the USA and partly the reason we scream when gasoline was $4.85/gallon!!! and health insurance is $1300/month

The reason I post this because I had an friendly argument with a friend overseas and he could not understand why americans were such babies about paying so much for gas when he's been paying this price as long as he can remember. Since theres alot of international readers on this forum I figured you might be interested.

Keep in mind this is only SOME of the taxes, there are many more and even more hidden taxes.

If anyone wishes to elaborate, I welcome and if anyone wants to spend a lifetime trying to do the math as to how much this actually comes to out of a paycheck, by all means give it a shot.

Oh!, don;t let me started with a list of things that are against the law mad.gif

Accounts Receivable Tax

Air (cell phones) Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL License Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Tax

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service charge taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

T elephone Federal, S tate and Local Surcharge Tax

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Tax

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Hey Tom

I think we have pretty much the same taxes, the question is just what the rates are. Anyway, do you consider the US a democracy? If so, you shouldn't rant against taxes but do something about it (electing a decent president was a first step in the right direction, I think) and rant, if anything, against your compatriots and their bad habits (e.g. building up debts or nonsense suing) .

:-)

(electing a decent president was a first step in the right direction, I think)

wow you thinks so..... the guy is going to rob peter to pay paul but dont want to make this a political debate so lets go pump some cad!

Hi Beat,

Thanks for the reply, first, I consider myself a patriot100% thats why it bothers some much when I see things going to hell and a handbasket.

Is the USA a democracy, not really. I get to choose from 2 guys they throw at me, none of them I want. The guy down the block who really knows his stuff is who I want but he will never be elected becuase he has to get something like oh 400 million dollars to run to show he's the "right" man.

I think Democracy is a tricky term to use freely. Because EVERY system has its strengths and weaknesses (much like CAD software) even dicatorships in some instances have positives. So if you think democracy means freedom, then I would say the a lot of other countries have more freedoms then us in many general bread and butter day routines. And again if you have the money ( alot of it) then you are truly free (probably the same anywhere).

Anyway, I didn't vote for Obama, I truly hope am I am totally wrong about him, but he scares me and we still don't know if hes a US citizen. At least I don't, do you? if not hes not eligible to be president.

Anyway, I want to quote one of our gvernors from Minnesota, Jesse Ventura, who is a vietnam veteran and navy seal and his whole family serves the USA. He said basically what I say is that it sthe TRUE patriots that care about the country enough to point out its faults and try and do something about it.

Anyway, I think I started something here, lets somehow get CAD applied into this scenerio somehow.

cheers

Tom