The future is 64-bit!

Mike Twining

I have seen the light, and it emanates from 64-bit computing goodness. If anyone out there is on the fence or doesn't believe in the power of 64-bits... I urge you to re-consider. I just used my home computer (Vista x64 with an a$$-load of RAM) to do some work on older large IC files that were driving me crazy on IC 11.0-XP32 at work (which I have a CAD-oriented machine). The performance difference was shocking (to say the least). So, if you have the power to get yourself a 64-bit OS (XP or Vista), I suggest you do everything in your power to get it, and throw as much RAM into that machine as possible. I swear, it is the difference between a Yugo and a Ferrari....

Decreased save/load times. SIGNIFICANTLY faster response time...everything the impatient geek in you will love!

Well done IC Dudes... well done.

Now, lets get this sucker multi-threaded and throw some spinner-dubs on it... and we'll be rollin!

Keep in mind if you have virtual memory issues related to a 32-bit machine and large files (save, in-process memory, etc), 64-bit is the way you want to go. 64-bit basically has an infinite amount of virtual memory (in fact it will use disk space if needed). So it should not run out of memory for saves (unless there is a problem in file that we would need to investigate). It even will use the disk in operations that use memory.

Cary