backdrop for animation?

tlehnhaeuser

Below is an image of a backdrop I want for an animation. I can't seem to get the image to be smooth on this curved surface (notice "breaks" in image). I tried changing settings up and down and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=402

post-596-48-8918.jpg_thumb

My first thought is that it's breaking because it's repeating (because the image isn't wide enough). I would expect that you would need to edit the settings so that it stretched the image. Of course stretching the image will make it look grainy/bad.

Guest rbame

Find out the curved distance (inside circumference of the cylinder), and the height of the cylinder. Then take the image into a photo editor, crop it so that it is an exact ratio of that size. Rename the image (IC seems to have an issue with this) and apply the image natural 1:1.. that should work....

Also your images will look better if you turn off the lines... render - draw lines... uncheck that...

You might also try cylindrical mapping. Sometimes natural and automatic mapping don't give you exactly what you want. The other mapping styles (in this case, cylindrical) have more options for tweaking the texture map and also allow you to use the move texture tool to visually position your graphic.