Adobe Reader 8

cborer

Hi

So far from the real life:

3d Adobe works here, .....the double side rendering is boring.

Still I have a client in a big company where everybody has Adobe writer 6.

He said they don't want to uprgrade the writer as they would need 150 license.

I said "you need only the reader"

He said that they tried but get problem when using Reader 8 and Writer 6 on same machine.

So far I get back to the first thing I thought about Adobe.....

ninja.gif

.....we need a sign with a bomb

rolleyes.gif

Best

Carlo

There is a new toolbar - 3D Package Builder (not showing by default). Just click the first button & it will create a zip file of the entire scene & start a new e-mail message to send to your client.

Your client simply needs to save the attachment, open the zip file & run the executable.

The executable file is designed to run in Internet Explorer. The first time they use one of these files, they may get a variety of warnings, such as the following:

warning.jpg

ScreenShot014.jpg

The interface is very simple to use – mainly drag & click. Drag your cursor to rotate the model & double-click to zoom to the cursor point. Right-click to show the Tools menu to access other tools, such as “Reset Camera”, “Zoom to Window”, “Pan” & “Orbit Camera.”

So far the 3D Package Builder works great.

The only unhappy thing is that the firewall of most of the clients dont like the .exe

They clean it out even when its zipped.

OK it helps to change the file end manually before zipping it.

Best

Carlo

We are using 3D PDFs (generated in Acrobat 3D from .x_t exports, not from IC directly) with great success. Like Carlo, we have also come across the problem that customers who have an older version of Acrobat on their machine are not able to run a current version of Adobe Reader. But that's an Adobe problem and I presume there is little that IC can do about it.

Still, overall, 3D PDFs have turned out to be a much better solution than anything else we have come across because it is widely accepted. Generally, people have much less restraints to upgrade to the current version of Adobe Reader than to run a (dubious) .exe or install an unknown viewer.

Beat

Is the main issue of the IRONCAD 3D PDF the double-sided rendering issue?

22025[/snapback]

No, the main problem is that the model tree with part and assembly names is not retained. That makes it impossible to collaborate efficiently because I cannot tell the customer to look at, hide, or isolate a certain part, for example.

When I export as Parasolid and import into Acrobat 3D I get the full model tree as well as file format and compression setting and the possibility to define the intial view (rendering mode, background, etc.).

Beat

Edited by B. Ludin