shadows

Guest rbame

Guest rbame

I am exporting an image and the shadows are not shwing up. I have everything checked correctly, all lights are displaying shadows and it looks perfect in IC. However, none of the shadows are showing up in the export? Any suggestions?

Guest rbame

I have also tried to delete all the lights and the floor material. Copy all the contents into another scene and it still does the same thing.

Guest rbame

It worked with your settings. I was using 1280x1024 @ 150 dpi and 4 oversampling?

For tif I used the same only 1372x860 @300 dpi and 8 oversampling?

Oh well..

Ok that tells me something... Try resizing your scene so that the "View Size", which you can see down in the right side of the status bar; is as close to what you want to export as is possible. Insure that the view size is a factor of 8 in both directions

Now run the export and set the image size so that it is exactly the same as the view size (no variation at all); and then run the export.

I've never seen the shadows fail and this fix it; but I have seen other problems related to exported images only that this method resolved.

Guest rbame

As I take the image size up, the shadows disappear. I am trying some different settings to see where it leaves and keep my settings as mulitlpes of 8. I can not get larger images out? Does the 3200 dpi have anything to do with it? I did not think print could see more that 1200?

I can't make your scene work with larger images either. This "feels" like a bug to me; although I can't say it is officially so don't quote me on it. I'm passing this over to our developers and will let you know what they have to say about it.

Guest rbame

I have tried to delete all the lights and start over. It does the same thing. I have also seen it happen in other places where it draws a line where on one side it is correct and on the other it is doing something else... similar to what you are seeing.

Rodney I don't have any further info for you. I can't make it work at large resolutions so it seems like a bug to me; but I'm still trying everything that I can to track it down. It takes so long to render at large sizes that the troubleshooting process is very very slow.

I have a feeling that this is going to be labeled a bug and sent to development but I'm not quite there yet.