Lost Cursor

rfisk

Does anyone know of a hot key to get the cursor to the center of the screen or some other predetermined position? (Every program, not specific to IC) My optical mouse often just jumps someplace and it is bothersome to locate the cursor. When both monitors are on it can really get lost. Running XP Pro sp2

Are you using a mouse pad? I had the same problem for a while - it started when I started using my IronCAD 10 mouse pad, which has a slightly shiny surface. It had me stymied for a while, since I didn't make the connection at first. Then I did some searching on the topic of pointers spontaneously moving to the corners of the screen & came up with a connection between optical mice and reflective surfaces. Stopped using the mouse pad & my pointer stopped running away from home.

Guest EricFoy

You might try looking in your mouse control panel. It seems I've seen something like this before, like hitting the ctrl key lights up a big circle around the cursor.