Perspective Wider/narrower

Mike Allen

On the Camera Advanced toolbar, I'm having trouble seeing the difference between Perspective Wider/Narrower & Zoom in/out. Perspective Wider makes the image larger in the window, but doesn't seem to change the relationship between foreground & background objects. The effect seems to be identical to zooming in. And once the image goes outside the bounds of the window with the Perspective Wider tool, I have to zoom back out to fit the image inside the window - which seems to put me back exactly where I started.

Any clarity as to the difference between these tools & zoom would be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

I believe they are doing the same thing (adjusting the field of view angle). But like the other buttons on the Camera Advanced toolbar they provide a finer level of control.

I suppose the "Perspective Wider/Narrower" button could have been labeled "Zoom" to make things more clear.

One thing I find useful after using Zoom to get the field of view right is the Dolly Camera tool, that way I can move the camera without messing up the field of view angle.

Yeah it is not a combo of the two.

We achieve the perspective by zoom. To change the distance, you need to move the Camera (dolly). Sort of like a real camera really.

Cary

20770[/snapback]

It would be realy good if there was an option to get more fall of "perspective" with everyting stretch around a picked center, so the geometry at that center is keept at the same hight on the screen.

Today I think making for example a "foto match" is realy a pain and take a lot of time to get right, but with this method that would be wery easy.

Microstation had this method and it was realy a time saver.

/ Marcus