Best Settings For Quadro Fx1500

Mike Allen

We just got a computer upgrade, with new Quadro FX1500 video cards & now IronCAD 10 doesn't seem to visually perform as nicely as it did with our old Quadro FX500 cards. So far, we've tried the default setting and the specific IronCAD application setting. In both cases, we get parts highlighted that aren't selected & parts not highlighted that are selected. It's very confusing to use.

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated!

The "approved" drivers (per application) appear as a list on the nVidia site... it is not something you get from IronCAD. For whatever reason, they have a really old driver listed as the "approved" one. Don't even try to find it cause it is really of no value... I was just making sure you guys didn't fall for that BS on the nVidia site.

As a former tech support guy, I can tell you that the first thing you ask someone who is having graphis related problems is, "Do you have the latest video drivers?". I'm not sure I have ever been in a situation where the video drivers were the problem...(*shrug*).

Downloading & installing the latest "Quadro Graphics Driver" seems to have taken care of some of the problems (I'm not sure which version we started with - "performance," "application," or "partner certified" - our IS department set it up). I still have a problem with things being selected in the scene that don't show as selected in the scene browser & things highlighted in the scene browser that aren't selected - but selecting parts in the scene is much better.

Still interested in hearing from other Quadro FX1500 users regarding which settings give the best visual performance.

I got curious & went to download all the other driver types & it appears that "graphics" & "performance" are the only two available for the Quadro FX1500 ("application" & "partner certified" are in the list, but don't turn up anything when I hit the search button.)

Edited by Mike Allen