Iso Broken Out Section

Mike Twining

One of my co-workers here is attempting to make a broken out section on an ISO view, and he was asking me how to do that.... I know what he is trying to acomplish, but the whole idea of a broken-out section on an ISO (within IronCAD at least) makes my brain hurt, and so I have a few questions:

1) How is the "origin" defined for a broken out section view (i.e. how do you define where 0 starts with relation to the depth)?

2) Generally, one selects the depth of the broken out section cut from a projected (profile) view. If you are attempting to make a broken-out section on an ISO, does that mean you must select the depth from another ISO view whcih is perpindicular to the view you are trying to make?

3) Should the broken-out section even be an option for ISO views... and then... how do you even define what an ISO view is since I can position my "front" view in any orientation that I choose....

...anyone with some insight? I think for the time being, we will just make a configuration which has the "broken out" section cut with some H_Shapes... but the whole idea behind his quest makes me go "hmmmm?".