SpaceBall Support Questions

Cary OConnor

Hi IronCAD Spaceball Requesters,

As we look into development of the spaceball we would like to ask a question from the users that wish to have spaceball support.

Question: We can program 29 pre-defined functions to work for the buttons on the spaceball. What are the common functions you would like to be available to use on the spaceball buttons (Ex. TriBall, Pan, Enter, Esc, etc.)?

Please list the top 10-20 functions you would like to have. Time is critical for the development, so please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Cary

P.S. - To answer your question, Yes we are developing support for the spaceball and if you help us with this question, we will offer a download for the support on IronCAD 6.0 as soon as we are complete. wink.gif

Nice!

I would like to have this in 3D:

-The cameratools

-Smartdimension

-Chamfer

-Blend

-Edit 3D curve

-Insert file

-Save as part/ assembly

If it will support 2D mode (ICD) it would be nice to activate smartdimension, zoom in on a tight edge, place smartdim, zoom out, pan, and atttach the lasts Smartdim arrow with the Spaceball.

Robert Andersson

What's a SpaceBall? smile.gif

On the serious side-

Now that I've recovered from the sudden shock, here is our list.

Obviously the camera controls go with the "ball".

Most of the "right click" functions should be lower priority since they are easy to access.

Triball- toggle on-off, position centre

Zoom All

Scene Browser- Toggle

Perspective- Toggle

Grid- Toggle

Selection Filters- Assembly, Part, Intellishape, FEV

Save, Open, New Scene, New Drawing

Fillet, Chamfer

Extrude, Spin, Sweep, Loft

Eyedropper

Smart Dimensions

Rendering

Configurations

Dumb question: why not make the key assignments configurable? This could be integrated seamlessly with the Customize...Keyboard dialog such that you can also assign a spacemouse key instead of a keyboard key to a certain function. Or is there a problem with that?

Beat

Beat,

With the SpaceBall you get software to change the configuration of the buttons for the applications that support the SpaceBall on your system. I would guess that the IronDudes are trying to figure out a system for the default settings. I'm not a programmer so I could be off base here but it may be that the functions need to be made "available" to the SpaceBall configuration before they can be assigned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went straight to the developer and asked when we might see the spaceball patch.

His answer was.....

Soon blush.gif

What happened was we "finished" the spaceball support and we had to submit it to 3dconnexion for approval. They came back and said, ooh, it would be cool if you did this, so do it! Since we have to be "certified' by 3dconnexion before we can release the patch...we're being good little developers and are adding what they requested. What they asked us to do is really cool though so I'm glad we're doing it. smile.gif

So anyways, we are definitly in the final stages of getting this thing released. But for now all we can say is...sooner than later.

Yeah I know...excuses excuses...we're working hard on it though and it's going to be a very very nice feature once it releases. It will be worth the additional wait.