Any Inovate users?

Mike Crossmire

I am an IronCAD user, but when Inovate came out I saw it as a possible solution to our company's needs for an easier architectural modeller. IronCAD is overkill for most of the work we do at a game development house, and Inovate's price was low enough to make getting it for several people here very attractive.

The big stumbling block for me is the fact that Inovate contains NO surface reshaping capabilities at the Intellishape level. Without the Taper/Cap/Bevel/Shell functions, it's just not powerful enough. I think these features could be enabled at the Intellishape level without giving away the store feature-wise compared to IronCAD, which still has drawing, sheet metal, and other hard-core functions.

Does anyone here have feedback on how they've used it so far?

Guest dlalonde

I have to agree with Mike C. that adding surface reshaping at the Intellishape level to Innovate won't 'give away the store feature-wise compared to Ironcad'. I do some fairly complex injection-molded parts in Ironcad and seldom use surface reshaping. It's direct face modeling that I use the most.

• 4 months later...
Guest IronKevin

Another method to work around this limitation:

Draw a profile with the Insert 2D Shape command, the drag and drop the Extrude icon from the Tools Catalogs onto the profile. You get Taper and Shell options in the dialog along with Extrude specs.

IronKevin

• 3 months later...