logo to drawing template

Guest rbame

I am having trouble getting a jpeg or AI, or anyother image into my drawing template. It keeps showing up as an icon, even though the icon box is not check when I create object.

It does work either. It still shows up as an icon. I know this worked last time I used it in 5.0 or 4.2. I am using a jpeg and get the same icon. I tried it with the icon box checked, off, and liked and none of them worked.

Hmm, mine is set to open in the "Microsoft Photo Editor". I'm on WinXP, what OS are you on?

This is a most curious problem. Until we can duplicate the problem locally all we can do is guess at what the cause/solution is. But doing everything I can here to figure out what could cause it.

TIF and BMP seem to work but the quality is terrible.. but they do not show the icon. You could be on to something though, both of these file types are associated with their default program.. MS Imaging..

JPEG and Gif do not work but I have changed both to open in IE 6.0 since it is much faster..

However after I changed them back to work with Imaging, they still displayed an icon, only a different icon..

If you have Microsoft Photo Editor, at the "Insert Object" dialog box in the IronCAD drawing, select "Create New" and highlight "Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0 Photo" as the object type. When Microsoft Photo Editor starts, select "Open an existing photo" and browse to find your jpeg. When the photo opens, go to File>Exit and Return to Sheet 1. Photo Editor will close and your picture should be in your drawing.

I have noticed that not all OLEs are created equal, where IronCAD is concerned. Excel worksheets work best with "Create from File," but other filetypes work better with "Create New" (where the file is opened in the associated program, then close the program to return to IronCAD.) "Create New" also works differently between Photo Editor and Macromedia Freehand. When inserting a Freehand illustration into IronCAD, "Create New" starts a blank Freehand file. I then have to open the illustration I want, copy it into the blank file and close Freehand to insert the illustration into IronCAD.

The trick is in finding the right method of inserting the OLE. We use jpegs, Freehand Illustrations, AutoCAD drawings and Excel worksheets within our IronCAD drawings and all can be inserted correctly, but all require a slightly different insertion method.

Hope this helps.

-Mike