Parametric Sizebox

Thomas Wehle

I've started a parametric model for a stringer pallet.

The length and the width of the pallet is controlled by the sizebox of the assembly, but whenever I change the the size box, the model jump out of the yellow box. Everything else seem to be correct.

I would like to have the model to be fixed to the size box. I've moved the anchor (for the parts and assembly) around and it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem.

Can anyone help?

Stringer_Pallet.ics

Quick Look:

When I drag handle then use "Reset Sizebox" it appears the problem goes away after that.

tom

18033[/snapback]

Thanks! This works except now that I've lost the formulas in the intellishape sizebox, but I can fix that easy enough.

Looks like there is a sequence in setting up parametric assemblies. First creates the formulas, reset the sizebox before assigning forumlas to the intellishapes.

Carey

Well the issue I believe is the way sizebox size when putting values in the sizebox fields (in the property dialog). They always size from center. The Sizing options are for when the handles are pulled. So the only way to get this to work correctly, is to use the handles of the assembly to drive the profile geometry (not the sizbox of the parts/features).

Cary