Selectively Hiding Part Edges In Scene

Guest direland

Guest direland

Does anybody know the answer to this? Can I selectively hide the edges of a specific part in a scene that I want to render where I want all other components showing part edges?

I swept a circular cross section along a 3d curve and in so doing I get edge lines showing up at the "tangency" points around the circumference of the part- although they are really not tangent. I know I can turn all edge lines off and get rid of them but I prefer to have it on for rendering- except for that particular part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest direland

Thanks Kevin and Bob. In the particular way in which I was trying to create this component (using the sweep tool), nothing I tried seemed to get rid of the edge lines (In the process of sweeping a circular shape along my 3D curve, the finished shape had edge lines around the circumference at each bend). However, after thinking about it, I was able to recreate the basic shape another way and apply the Blend Edges tool. That option worked perfectly and I am happy with the result.