5.2 DOESN'T LIKE TO SAVE DWGS

bchilsen

I finally got up the nerve to load IronCad Version 5.2, I am sorry I did,

When I work on a drawing file and then try to save or save as, it gives me one of 2 error messages:

3ire31 Insufficient memory to continue

or:

Runtime Error . Abnormal program termination 5.2 internal application error.

This is very frustrating. Even when I only make one little change in the drawing and try to save it, it will crash, not saving anything. Or, saving a corrupted file that cant be opened. The first error,3ire31, will come up but so far every time it does it will still save the file. I have no problems so far saving the scenes.

I am running Windows 2000 with 1 gig memory on a P4 1.7 Dell machine

Brian

id=size5>

Strange...

-Be sure to turn of any antivirus program before installing IronCAD.

-See that your windows temporary folders in emty. Default location:

C:\documents and settings\username\Local settings\Temp

Actually it's a good idea to make a shortcut to the desktop to this folder.

Hope this helps.

Robert Andersson

Brian,

The Service Pack 1 for 5.2, which is currently in beta, might fix that. I could tell you where to find the beta version of the patch if you are interested. The patch has been in use for more than a week by some beta testers in the ironcad user community and the reports on the patch have been positive.

-Chris-

I would be happy to check out the files for you as well. If I can reproduce the problem I'm certain we can produce a fix for you. If you would like to let me check them out please email the files to techsupport@ironcad.com, attn: Chris. I will need the drawing, all scene files that the drawing references, and all scene files that are linked into those scene files.

We are also experiencing problems with drawing files in 5.2. In fact the other day we had a "catastrophic error", which is the first time we have had that message. I'm not too sure but they do seem to be related to memory. We are also finding version 5.2 a lot slower to load and save compared to 5.0.