New ICD Viewer in Public Downloads

Chris Lohman

I just uploaded a new version of the ICD Shell Tool that allows people that do not have IronCAD, to view native .ICD files. It is available in the "Public Downloads" section under IRONCAD/5.x/5.2

This version does not contain new features. It simply contains a fix that would cause the shell extensions not to appear on some systems.

That's great, Chris. Is there any chance that a 3D viewer might be available anytime in the future? A 2D viewer is definitely the most important type of viewer for me and the machine shops/company personnel with whom I deal, but during the product developement period, a native .ics viewer would be beneficial to our Marketing/Sales dept.

in the explorer right-mouseclick on an icd and there come dr.watson(i dont know how he got his title, he never solves anything).

• 1 month later...

quote:Originally posted by Chris Lohman:

I just uploaded a new version of the ICD Shell Tool that allows people that do not have IronCAD, to view native .ICD files. It is available in the "Public Downloads" section under IRONCAD/5.x/5.2

This version does not contain new features. It simply contains a fix that would cause the shell extensions not to appear on some systems.

id=quote>
id=quote>

ICD Shell Tool is not available in the "Public Downloads" section under IRONCAD/5.x/5.2.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I just hit the page and I can see it. Are you by change using a version of Internet Explorer that is older than 5.01 SP2? Perhaps that might be preventing you from seeing the download.

Here's what I see when I goto the downloads section:

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=202

Note: If you try to type in the address listed in that image it won't function for you. You have to go through the downloads link to get there.id=size1>

post-3221-3-8076.jpg_thumb

Chuck when you ran this tool did it say it something had registered successfully?

You might try extracting the dll from that file and manually register it with the regsvr32.exe command. Even though the file is a .exe, it's nothing more than a self extracting executable that happens to clean up after itself. Winzip should be able to extract it.