Error After Hotfix 1 Installation

Elder Pimenta

Guest IronKevin

That error usually means that some other program interfered with the install. Make sure nothing is running, even close the program icons next to the computer clock, escpecially an Anti-Virus program, then try the Hotfix install again.

IK

Elder, do you tend to get this error when saving? I've seen that a couple of times here - very annoying.

I'm close what Windows identifies as "Programs" during IC9 installation - but don't mess with the "Processes" that Windows usually has running in the background (including the system tray.) As far as virus protection goes, we can disable the "On-access scan", but not the actual program (it's running on our network.)

I'm going to try a reinstall with as much turned off or disabled as possible & see if this makes a difference.

Well, I did an uninstall & restarted. Then I closed all system tray processes & disabled my virus protection (no other programs were running) and ran the IronCAD setup (I closed Windows Explorer as soon as I started setup - then once the actual installation program started, I closed the IronCAD Flash window.) IronCAD finished installing & I restarted again. Then I ran the IronCAD9Hotfix1.exe (after closing all system tray processes, programs & virus protection) and started IronCAD.

After setting up Tools>Options and all my hotkeys, I closed & reopened IronCAD (don't want to lose all the settings, in case I crash.)

A few more minutes of work to restore the file I was working on to where it was when I crashed (saving after each operation) - and eventually got the same Runtime Error & crashed during a Save.

I have the file just at the point where inserting one more object from a custom 2D catalog and saving will cause the crash, so I will upload the Scene, Drawing & Catalog to IronCAD's FTP (Skyline_Save_Crash.zip). You should be able to open the Drawing file, insert the object from the catalog (it's the only one in there) & click the Save button.

Strangely enough, inserting the note from the catalog into a blank drawing & saving does not cause a Runtime Error & crash. Also, replacing the catalog note with a simple text note works just fine - so I can finish the job without recreating the drawing.

Edited by Mike Allen

Guest IronKevin

I've been monitoring IronCAD installs since before it was called IronCAD and honestly 9.0 has been among the best. There are always chances for conflictions, complications and unique PC conditions that can derail an otherwise flawless install. Of the thousands of users who have upgraded to 9.0, very few have had any install problems.

I just want any remaining 8.0 users to know it's safe to upgrade smile.gif

IK