IronCad Free Viewer problems IC52Shell.exe

Guest ebedding

Guest ebedding

The installation of 5.2 went smoothly. The IronCad Free Viewer does not work on some non IronCad seats. I have the following error messages on some non IronCad systems running NT4.0 and Windows 98:

1. Cannot find the file:

'C\Program Files\InnovationSuite\AddOns\IronCADShellExt\%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe' ...

2. On another system:

RegSvr32

DllRegisterServer in ironcadshellext.dll failed.

We would like to use this function for directly viewing .icd files if possible. Are there any fixes I can try?

Guest ebedding

I loaded the new free IronCAD 2D Document Shell .exe from the IronCad website onto a non-IronCad NT system and it still did not work. I was finally able to get the utility to work by loading an older version of IronCad onto the machine and uninstalling it which must have added the missing DLL's? This utility is very useful to non-IronCad users company wide so they can view/print/save native .icd files as a standard .pdf file.

Guest dlalonde

If you attempt to view an older Ironcad drawing the pdf options are greyed out until you open the .icd in Ironcad 5.2 and resave it. Seems obvious now but had me scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=137

post-3098-207-9287.jpg_thumb

• 4 weeks later...

The way this works is:

In 5.2, when you save a drawing, within that drawing is saved "pdf" information. The viewer knows to look for the datablock that has the pdf info in it.

In versions prior to 5.2, there was no pdf datablock in the file nor did IronCAD do anything with PDF at all. So to be able to view old files, you "do" have to load them and hit save so that the -new- pdf data is saved into the file.

Guest EricFoy

Could someone enlighten me here?

I've searched high and low, and I can find no mention of a free viewer anywhere on the IronCAD web site or on my IC5.2 installation disk.

I want it. Please tell me how I can get it.

Thanks

-Eric

Guest IronKevin

You should now be able to right-click a 5.2 .icd file and have 2 new options: "View" and Export to" PDF.

IronKevin

• 4 months later...

Seems like there's a hole in the bucket...

We have all these entries in this thread and still the first entry from ebedding is left to fix.

Om my computer there was the:

'C\Program Files\InnovationSuite\AddOns\IronCADShellExt\%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe-file

that I had to copy to the right directory from c:\windows\system

but on the no-Ironcad computers there are certainly more to it (win98 on those) and I can't get those to show up in the PDF viewer.

We have the latest 5.2 patch installed and the IronCAD_2DDocument_Shell.exe istalled as in the version of today.

Could you please assemble an installation file that contains all those missing DLL's and exe's and puts them in their proper directories?

Per Arne