Endpoint Steering Length

Is it possible somehow to lock two endpoint positions of a part to other objects, a extruded or sweeped shape maybe?

So if I move the other object the first part will be stretched with it (end point move) getting longer or shorter.

Why I´m asking is because I try to model a lattice steel structure where the corner angle beam is angled in two directions and then I have to model up the side cross arms that also is as angle beam. It would be great to be able to let this cross arms follow with when I move the corner beams.

It is not the lenght of the cross arms that are steering the design, it is the corner beams and the distance where the crossarms are connected to the corner beams.

Length of cross arm is then only a output for cut list.

Help is much appreciated!

/ Marcus

Well I created it using Projected Constraints as Construction geometry then used the constraints to reference it. I'll see if I can upload an example tomorrow if I get a chance. Basically I projected the blocks as construction geometry using the right-click project to make them constrained. Then it is a matter of constraining the profile to the construction geometry. So when you move the parts, the projected construction moves then the constraints follow the projected geometry.

Cary