Ironcad Crash On This Scene.

Hello

I face a strange problem with this scene. When trying to move or suppress the V shapes (pattern 3) on the top of this part, the program freeze during the "Part Regeneration: update changed shape" and IronCAD start consuming all the computer's memory and resources then crash due to lack of memory.

Strangely I am able to move, change or suppress without a problem the holes.

I tried several ways to make the V shapes (copying, linking, pattern), with always the same problem.

I run IronCAD 8 PU2 on a 2.8GHz processor with 2GB RAM. I have been able to work on much bigger parts than this one before.

Are you facing the same problem when trying to move or suppress one or more V shape on this part or is it happening only with my computer?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Posage__lectro_rosion.ics

Same thing happens to me; it chews up all the memory (2GB) and crashes.

Dell Precision 380 workstation, Dual Core Pentium @ 3 GHz, Nvidia Quadro FX1400. Do you have any other strange problems? Could it be a bad installation issue?

/3GB switch anyone?

Old-school instructions located here

On a side note... the "search" function for this community... well, SUCKS..er... does not appear to return all the requested items. Perhaps it is time to re-index all the posts. I know there are better threads on the /3GB switch than the ONLY one that was retruned.

Edit:

Got a better /3gb link (Search for "boot.ini" vs. "*/3GB*"):

Link

Edited by Mike Twining

...weird...when I searched for "/3GB" last time I got 0 returns. "*/3GB*" gave me a little more (perhaps 3 or so). But "boot.ini" gave me the most. And in almost ALL the "boot.ini" returns there were refrences to "/3GB". Maybe it was user error...