Config Based Bom's

bbuche

Why when I select multiple assemblies and supress them the check beside supress does not show up which in turn makes my config based bom not work. I have to go in and click on each top level assembly to make sure it is checked next to the word supress then it will work just fine. Is this a bug or just how it works.

thanks

I would love the config based bom if this worked correctly

Guest cdeveaux

Basically, there IS no Hotkey functionality for "Suppress at Assembly Level", nor can you "Suppress at Assembly level" with more than one assembly selected.

With more than one assembly selected, when you right click and select "Suppress" it will suppress all "Part" objects under the assembly without changing the suppress toggle property on any "Assembly" objects.

I have previously requested the ability to suppress at the "Assembly" level with more than assembly selected, as well as the ability to Hotkey the "Suppress at the Assembly Level" operation.

It does nothing to the config itself but the bom does not show up with the correct number of counts. It still shows all the things that are suppressed but if you dont have the check mark beside them then they will still be in your bom.

Any parts that are suppressed using "Suppress Parts" rather than "Suppress" will show up in a config-based BOM. When you select an assembly along with either another part or another assembly and Suppress, it actually performs a "Suppress Parts" on all the parts of all selected assemblies - so they still show up in the config-based BOM.

The workaround is to suppress each assembly separately (but parts can still be multiple-selected.)

Here's my original bug report from last September:

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...?showtopic=2995