Loosing Undo

cborer

Undo function in IC is very selective. There are many actions one can't undo. I never tried to document it in a systematic way, but there definitely are actions which Undo skips (I'm not talking about something obvious like deleting a sheet in drawings. I'll try to pay more attention to this. I have 20 steps.

Alex.

Chris -

Alex is right. Undo gets lost quite often. I've regarded that as a missing feature rather than a bug since I know other programs which that share this limitation with IC. Anyway, if you tell us it shouldn't be like that, I'll try to make notes when it happens.

Beat

To me it most happens when a function is to hard or impossible to calculate or when I get a faillure from IC, the result may be a destroid object -after that Undo is lost.

I know that problem since maybe Trispectives.

What you describe may not be IC's fault, just Murphy's Law... wink.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I have also experienced an Undo problem. It occurs - I can repeat it - when working in 2D on a Drawing Template.

If I box select both lines and text and move them and Undo will move the lines back but not the text?

"All terribly confusing really" to quote Monty Python

Geoffrey