Whats In Your Drawing Catalog?

Mike Twining

Just out of curiosity, what do 'yall keep in your drawing catalog? I feel like I need some more tricks in my bag. Heres what I got:

1. "Fake" Detail Circle (when you want to use an AUX view instead of a true Detail)

2. Drawing Tree Box

3. Flag Note w/ Text

4. "Fake" Item Bubble w/Text

5. Cut Pipe Ends (can be dropped directly INTO a view and scale to 1 in.)

6. "Fake" Section Aarows (used to take non-cutting side views of large models...)

8.1_Drawing.icc

We deal in physically large assemblies (from 10-foot square to over 100 feet on a side), so we have:

1) Lots of little detail images (views exported from IronCAD, imported into Freehand and back into IronCAD, so they can be dragged into a catalog)

2) Actual photographs of assemblies that would be too memory-intensive to model (we normally deal in no-detail representations of panels, truss, etc. which look good from 20 feet away - so we often uses photos to show detail)

3) A number of notes & symbols made in IronCAD (to speed up the annotation process)

-Mike

It is a lot that I would like to have in the 2D catalogs like electrical, pneumatic symbols but as long as the shape groups geometry are not snappable that is not relevant (I have to do that part in AutoCAD).

What I do have right now is legend text, drawing heads, drawing frames, symbols like rev marks, rev clouds.

The BIG problem I have is this that the views are "autocenter" so if the oyther boundary is changed the geometry is moved (again centered to the view). This mean that all my symbols is placed in wrong place and I have to move them all.

Totaly out of control, I fear each time I have to place symbols that is not connected to the view. Anyway I have to have them.

/ Marcus