Changing Blank Drawing Default Size

William Risk

Hello,

When I create a new drawing, I often use the "Blank Drawing" template. When I select this option, a size D drawing appears by default. Nearly always, I want to use size A. I know how to change the size, but I have to do this every time I open a new drawing. Is there a way that I can change the *default* size of the Blank Drawing so that it will always open up size A rather than size D?

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by William Risk

Sure. First you need to make a template. Open a new blank drawing, set the size to A (and set any other proerties in the drawing that you will want every time), and save the file in your ...\IronCAD8\Template\Drawing\[ANSI/ISO...] folder. All the files in that folder will appear when you choose to open a new file.

You can set your new drawing default to be any template (i.e. any existing .icd file) you want. Simply choose File->New->Drawing (you need to use the file menu...not the new drawing icon) and search through the available templates till you find the file you just saved. Before you hit OK, make sure you press the button "Use this as my default template" button at the bottom. Next time you open a new file, it will use your new blank A for the default.

...now that I think about it, you could always open up the blank drawing template (located in the folder above), change the size to A and save the file again... but that just seems too easy.