2D DXF and DWG export/import

Guest gsnaeland

Guest gsnaeland

I keep having problems communicating with Autocad users, especially since Ironcad insists on using inches and feet instead of the metric system. Why on earth does this keep on happening?!!!!!!!!!. I just exported a simple file from IC.5.0 and the drawing , which is written in mm is automatically scaled up to inches (1mm becomes 1 inch). Are we stuck with this problem or am I missing something in the export- options dialogue. This is by far the most annoying thing in communicating my work to others, and a great handicap for European users if this problem is not resolved. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Also, in the absence of perfect ACAD translations (moving target syndrome), I highly recommend that some sort of free .icd-file reader be developed. This would save me time that is spent cleaning-up .dwg drawings to e-mail to vendors. I do send them IGES files, but they require some kind of 2D drawing to be able to quickly determine material type, overall dimensions, special features/tight tolerances, etc. in order to provide a quote.

An icd reader can also be used here at work (before we can acquire Teanvault).