Chuck A Block In !

David Thomas

When dragging a block into the scene , I freely push and pull the size box to match some existing geometry but forget to position the block such that extruded profile is in the right orientation. Is there a feature to redefine the orientation of the profile of the block onto another face, I know its not that great a deal but it would be quite handy.

This got me thinking, what if there was a special block such that three of the faces had editable profiles on them and you could control the extruded shape in all three axis of the block. It might be handy , some of the time.......

Well it is not exactly what you want but it may be a nice workaround when PU1 comes out....

In PU1, you will be able to select a planar face an create an intellishape (extrude, spin, sweep) from the face information. So you could go to the desired face. Extrude the shape in the same direction as the current and just delete the original shape. So you basically redefine the extrude to the desired face.

Cary

Guest cdeveaux

If I understand Cary correctly, you won't need to. It sounds like you can add another extrude intellishape to the existing part, the simply delete the original extruded shape. The part properties would thus be retained. Is that the case, Cary?

When I drag a block in a scene I think first about the extrude direction.

Which is not so much to think on! smile.gif

Also draging a box on another part/surface the new block will extrude away from the surface it was set on. A good thing is the new (I think IC6) option to drag it as a part solo standing in the scene ...drag with the right mouse button.

Carlo

Edited by cborer