Algor Analysis..assembly Order..

mmccall

If you are running an analysis on an assembly.. and you are making changes.. be sure NOT to change the order of the assembly or you will have the wrong material properties for your components when you go back to Algor...

Apparently Algor is simply holding the material properties by location in the tree.. meaning, material properties are linked to location.. direct listing order.. 1,2,3,4....not to the model or geometry itself...

I had a steel structure with concrete poured legs... after running the analysis.. I made some changes.. and began re-ordeing the model tree to account for the added number of components...

I went back to Algor.. re-meshed... defined the materials for the nw components.. then ran the analysis.. and things were looking too good to believe... I checked my materials.. and everything was shifted... my steel structure was actually concrete...

Pay attention to the order... don't change the order... if all the components are the same material.. then it doesn't matter.. if not.. be sure to check all the materials..