Waiting For Santa?

Marcus Bertilsson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Werner Schappacher

I cant help it. I have to write it.

I agree, why not calling it Release 9.

I personally would prefere to get a SP after 1 ore 2 months.

But this waiting for solving of bugs for more than 6 months makes me grazy. wink.gif

By the way:

Please tell your vendors that there is a new release since July 2005.

This dosent help to convince other people that ironcad is a great tool and

it is used today.

Werner

P.S. From one who loves to work with ironcad.

I do not agree to call it IC 9!

The advantage is to small!

For me its just 8.1 or 8.2.

So SP1 seems correct.

Yes its to slow!

I totally agree with you Werner!

I hoped with the cooperation with China development becomes faster!

Is this not working?

It makes me crazy that I have to wait a half year to know that a very important step to me (little work) like the merge 3d line will not be in SP1.

It needs so many years to complete the tools!

Still I think IC does the best, but somehow I think the development crowd is not that big.

Anyway I still love to work with Iron Cad too.

Carlo

I just wanted to cut in here for a moment.

Product Updates where started around IronCAD 6.0 in hopes to not only deliver quality issues but to deliver smaller enhancements to help increase the value of support maintenance. IronCAD felt that the 1 year (give or take) delivery cycle of new product releases didn't make customers feel all that happy. The Product Updates will take longer to deliver than Service Updates since a QA cycle needs to be completed as if it was a new release. This is to help insure no regressions are introduced due to the new features. Product Updates may extend longer if major quality issues are discovered in the QA cycle, however we fully plan to make sure that we keep this to a minimum occurrence (This PU has been the first real issue that we have experienced since we started the PU’s). Note: The enhancements added are planned based on many criteria and are not freely added on a whim.

Service Updates at smaller interval is a possible approach, but it is only geared to deliver quality issues. Now keep in mind that IronCAD will deliver Hot Fix DLL's for major quality issues that are discovered after a release is out (Like we did for IronCAD 8.0 and IronCAD 7 PU2. We will deliver these as long as they are possible to deliver to the current version (so may need to wait for a version change in IronCAD due to persistency). So if you are not able to get your job function completed due to an IronCAD quality issue (not ER), then you should immediately bring it to the attention of IronCAD support to get on the R&D radar.

We understand every customer has similar or different needs for their job function. We are trying very hard to meet current customer needs as well as meeting the needs of potential customers. We are working to change our notification processes as well to help notify current customers of planned items for releases and Product Updates.

Sorry for any inconvenience this Product Update has cause to your productivity. We just want to make sure the quality is there to aid and not deter your productivity when released.

Thanks

Cary

Given that I have to redo all of my customized settings with every new version and PU, 6 month cycle is frequent enough for me. Of course, if IC would finally, finally retain customized settings... rolleyes.gif

I guess, everybody has his/her own set of most urgent ER's. In our case, differential locking and a render-friendly environment (documentation-specific smart paint-remembering configurations, reproducible and transferable light and camera settings, perspective vector drawings etc.) would probably boost productivty by around 70-100% (but I can see that this may be different for people working in different environments). I've seen a few of my proposal been implemented in the past and I hope, one day in the near future, IC will have the aforementioned features lest we get tempted to waste time evaluating competing products - not that there is any serious competition to IC, of course wink.gif

Beat