Ic Rearanges Menue

Guest Werner Schappacher

Guest Werner Schappacher

Has anyone any idea why IC sometimes rearranges the whole menu.

I have this behavior since years 2-3 times a week.

I know it from IC5.2; IC6.0 and now IC8.0.

Werner

post-489-1124860232_thumb.jpg

This is an old boring story.

Discussed many times.

It happens when you had IC in a little window on your desktop.

It would be nice to have an option to optimize toolbar-space or to save the full screen arrangement.

So this thread belongs to the enhancement requests.

Guest IronKevin

Yes, this is an old problem that for some reason we have been unable to solve. One quick way to get the menus back in order (assuming you don't have alot of menu customization) is to close IronCAD, delete the IRONCAD.tbc file found in C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\Application Data\IronCAD\IRONCAD\8.0\Customization

then restart IronCAD.

IK

Hey developers

How about using an (or maybe several) old-style .ini files for saving all customized settings. That way we could transfer settings from version to version, workstation to workstation, etc.

What information does the ironcad.tbc file actually contain? Maybe we should keep a backup copy and write a little batch file that restores the backup when the toolbars go haywire? Hey, maybe you could even build that functionality into IC? It would seem to me that the IC developers have tackled more complex problems in the past...

Beat

Guest ebedding

My workaround for this is to set up my toolbars as I like and then save a spare copy of my .tbc file:

C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\ApplicationData\IronCAD\IRONCAD\8.0\Customization

I added a shortcut to get to this folder from my desktop. If my toolbars get messed up I close out of Ironcad and delete my current .tbc file and make replace it with a copy of my saved copy. This puts everything back the way it was.

Good Luck!!

My workaround for this is to set up my toolbars as I like and then save a spare copy of my .tbc file:

C:\Documents and Settings\login-name\ApplicationData\IronCAD\IRONCAD\8.0\Customization

I added a shortcut to get to this folder from my desktop.  If my toolbars get messed up I close out of Ironcad and delete my current .tbc file and make replace it with a copy of my saved copy.  This puts everything back the way it was.

Good Luck!!

11066[/snapback]

NICE Plan! I am going to steal that one.