VBA applications and macros

jjudd

The help refers to accessing OLE Automation in the support site for examples using VBA. However, I can't find these examples. What I'm looking for is an example of how to create something like the Gear tool in the Tools catalog. I'm also interested in VBA apps that can provide a file|save or a file|open type of operation where we save/open the IRONCAD files to/from an external DB application.

You can use the normal retail version of Visual Basic to save out IronCAD customizations externally.

For VBA customization documentation go look in the "Custom Stuff" forum for IronCAD, here for that documentation that the help file is referring to.

Here's an example VB project of the Bearings tool that might help as an example for you. I can not release the project for the gears tool.

bearings.zip

Chris,

I've loaded the subject project into VB 6 and get an error when it tries to load the 3itlxs31.dll reference. The path in the project pointed to a location that did not exist on my system. I found the subject dll and put in the folder that the vbp was referencing and still got the same error.

"Could not create reference: c:\Program Files\VDS\IronCAD\3itlxs31.dll."

Any ideas on how to resolve this reference?

Jon

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Lohman:

You can use the normal retail version of Visual Basic to save out IronCAD customizations externally.

For VBA customization documentation go look in the "Custom Stuff" forum for IronCAD, here for that documentation that the help file is referring to.

Here's an example VB project of the Bearings tool that might help as an example for you. I can not release the project for the gears tool.

id=quote>
id=quote>

It sounds like that 3itlxs31.dll might have dependencies on other "older" DLLs which may not be available. You probably need to go to the Project References dialog, uncheck the old reference and browse to and select the corresponding 3itlxs31.dll in the new /program files/innovationsuite/common/ directory