Import To Windows Office

What is the best way to import pictures from a sceen or drawing into Windows Office (word/excel/powerpoint).

1# If I want a rendered view?

2# If I want a drawing view with only lines (no shading)?

3# If I want it to still be vectors in office (wmf format maybe)?

4# If I want a black and white picture?

5# Is it not possible to just "edit copy" a selection in IronCAD and "edit paste" into the office programs?

/ Marcus

Guest IronKevin

I believe the only formats we can export that Office can read are raster image files so I would use .bmp for all of the above.

IK

It is very rare that I disagree with IronKevin, but I like to do things a little different. MS Office can use much more than just the .bmp format (which is oversized and lacks a lot of the "bennies" of other formats).

For #1-#4 I would export .jpg images out of IronCAD (File->Export->Image). Not vector (I don't think), but it will do everything else and you have a lot more control over the image quality (plus the file size will be greatly reduced).

#5: In any Office program (or OLE enabled for that matter) you can "Insert->Object" and grab yourself an IronCAD file, which then you could open by simply double-clicking on the object in your file). It's no Ctrl-C -> Ctrl-V, but very cool none the less.

MikeT

Guest bkline

Don't forget you can export .pdf files (lines only) from the drawing as vectors and import these into Adode Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand. From Illustrator or Freehand export as .eps and import into Word. Works great and everything stays vectors.

Bret

Guest IronKevin

Marcus,

The file will be embedded in the Office document unless you chose the "Link to file" option.

I'm getting an error inserting a .ics file into Word 2003, I think it might have something to do with Outlook taking the .ics extension. The work-around is to open the file in IronCAD, drag-and-drop the Scene icon from the Scene Browser to the Word doc. That will insert the file into the Word doc.

IK