Is It A Solid ?.. Or Surface?

mmccall

When doing alot of importing and exporting.. I run into cases where there are several components in the tree with the same name...

Chances are... several of them are only surface models, even though the icon shows it to be a solid shape.

This happens almost always when dealing with an imported part fro Pro where the engineer would have used the "hole" tool to get the threaded holes ... etc.

When they use this tool, Pro puts a cosmetic surface in the hole for the threaded region.. and when you bring the step into IC, it will keep all these but each individual surface will have the same name as the solid component....

To sort all this out quickly... just select all the components in the tree... then go to "tools" "regenerate"... and it will turn all those icons to their true model form... meaning.. .surfaces will have the surface icon.. and solids will have the solids icon in the tree...

At this point... I just delete all the surfaces.. cause.. I don't need them... the hole stays the proper threaded diameter so.. unless you like to have them in the tree.. they are just taking up memory...