(Missing) license problem!

B. Ludin

As happy as I am with the IronCAD software, here's something I do not appreciate at all:

We've ordered IronCAD some 6 or 7 weeks ago (and paid for it in advance). Because of the pending release of IC5, we directly got a (prerelease) demo copy a month ago and eventually received our package (2 disks and manuals, presumably becuase of the commuter license) 2 weeks ago. However, serial numbers and license codes were not included. We notified our IC dealer of this and that our demo license was going to end soon. The latter happened last Saturday. Because we have several urgent projects, the only way to keep going was to install Windows and IC5 on a new partition to get another 30 days demo period. Apart from the time spent for the installation, we also loose time rebooting the machine every time we want to switch between IC5 and software installed on the main system. Our dealer is trying hard to obtain the serial numbers and license codes but apparently IronCAD is not able to supplying them. This is simply not acceptable for productivity software in the $4K price range. 3 thumbs down for whoever is repsonsible for this at IronCAD.

How about other IC5 users? Has anybody received the license codes yet or is everybody running in demo mode at the moment?

Beat

Chris the wiz! Less than 10 minutes response time - at 5am (or are you in a different time zone than the community server?) - now that's proper customer service! I know who to address in the future with any problems I may encounter.

I haven't been able to register yet, because the Activation Wizard crashes upon trying to post the info to the server. I hope the fax method will circumvent the problem. Anyway, thanks Chris for succeeding in minutes where our local dealer and his contact at IronCAD apparently failed in days or weeks even.

Beat

I've got one.

Ours came with codes and a disk. I read the instructions to uninstall the old version first.

Somehow my uninstall file is corrupt and it will not allow me to uninstall IronCAD. That's how I ended up here.

I would wait for an answer, but I'm going to go ahead and try to get it working.

By the way I love the new forum. After reading B. Ludin's post however, I think you need to add a 3 thumbs down message icon! Doh!

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, does anybody know how to load the commuter license with the new install registration process? I have a certificate that we bought from a VAR who's no longer around. That's all we got. A certificate. Does that sound right? Should there be some seperate codes or something?

Thanks.

JADIUM

I should add that Chris also came up with a solution to the problem of the Activation Wizard crashing in no time. Everything works fine now and I'm a happy camper again.

Beat

Jadium, for new issues like this please create a new thread instead of a reply. I almost didn't find your post wink.gif.

When you purchase a commuter license we configure your serial and codeword to work with the product activation server twice. So just use your same serial and codeword on both systems, running through the activation wizard on each system, and it should allow you to activate two licenses.

quote:Originally posted by jmouser :

I've got one.

Ours came with codes and a disk. I read the instructions to uninstall the old version first.

Somehow my uninstall file is corrupt and it will not allow me to uninstall IronCAD. That's how I ended up here.

I would wait for an answer, but I'm going to go ahead and try to get it working.

By the way I love the new forum. After reading B. Ludin's post however, I think you need to add a 3 thumbs down message icon! Doh!

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, does anybody know how to load the commuter license with the new install registration process? I have a certificate that we bought from a VAR who's no longer around. That's all we got. A certificate. Does that sound right? Should there be some seperate codes or something?

Thanks.

JADIUM

id=quote>
id=quote>