Analysis Forum...?

mmccall

Analysis Forum

I really feel that this is long overdue.

I was wondering how the users and IC would feel about having an Analysis Forum?

Now that IC has an integrated (to some extent) analysis package, maybe a forum like this would be useful, to give hints, discuss problems, concerns, results etc. of IC and ANY Analysis package

I envision this forum as a place where analysis questions could be discussed..

I am NOT some analysis expert I am very interested in the subject.. and with my current contract, I am getting deeper and deeper into it.

I dont necessarily believe that there would need to be a separate discussion room for each analysis package at this time, but I guess it could be,... a specialized room where you could get more into the specific problems, hints, share files etc. for IC / Algor, IC / Cosmos users and so on for that matter even Mechanica users like me.. (gag !!)

If this did become the case, I would hope that there would also be a General Analysis Forum where conversations covering meshing, importing / export tips, load and constraint setups and general 3D geometry sharing could also take place across the entire IC / ANALYSIS community.

In any case the target goal would be collaboration of ideas, problems, etc of IC and ANY analysis package.

This would also serve as a good place to do a sanity check of the results of one analysis package vs another of course there would have to be some file sharing etc, I am confident that we are all smart enough to come up with a way to engage in sharing tips without this becoming some massive Product Engineering Piracy Forum so keep the sensitive details sensitive

Hey just another way to make the community even closer So far, I havent come across a forum working over a CAD Program site like the one I am proposing.... speak up if you know of one.. but then again .. SO WHAT!!.. I think we need one...

Maybe it works on a General open forum or maybe it should be internal only to the IC users.. I dont know there may be some good ideas to come across that IC could use to improve or expand their relationship with Algor there may also be some new problems and bug reports that may crop up

Think this is a good idea?

I could really use it I really like Algor, Cosmos and sometimes Mechanica. And we all LOVE IC lets see if this could work to better IC in some way.

Howard....

Edited by mmccall