Document Control Management Software

llong

• 1 year later...
Guest dstewart

Hi Loren

It seems that no-one is going to answer your query, so I shall point you in the right direction if you wish.

DDM (designdatamanager) is certainly the only PDM Product that is accredited by IronCAD and I am pretty sure that Conisio does not support it.

designdatamanager.com is certainly the place to look. If you need any extra information please feel free to drop me an email and I will be able to put you in-touch with a DDM consultant in your area.

Hi Loren,

I am just starting to use Design Data Manager (PDM Integrator for IronCAD) and it looks like there will be some good benefits from using it. It seems a little overwhelming at first, but it looks like a good application after I've used it a small amount. I would like to see what some experienced users have to say about it though. It will also cost more if you need support and maintenance and I'm waiting to see how much that will be.

If you do decide to install this, don't use the version from the IronCAD Goldpartners disc (came with IronCAD v8 CD). You will find some good information on that disc if you have it, but download the newest trial from their website instead. I just spent a couple hours+ with them upgrading to 2006.

go to http://www.designdatamanager.com

Doug

Guest John Wright

Loren

I have been using DDM for the past year now and it works really well. If you are on support you will have got a license with your V8 upgrade.

DDM has made a lot of our design work easier to manage. OK with IronCAD we don't have all those inter-dependent file problems that the other systems have - but it does give us a nice way to manage our data.

Apart from the usual file manager benefits - you will get good revision control, where used facilities, change notes etc.

One of the bits I really like - I no longer create a pdf file of each drawing to shift to contractors, or for simple drawing access - DDM creates this on the fly and managaes it with the drawing.

There are lots of reasons why I like this tool - and then there's one that I think a few people have been wanting - Versions. Everytime I save a part DDM creates a time stamped version - so if I screw up, or the customer prefers the thing I did 3 days ago - I just open up the version at that point in time - no more weird names for parts and assemblies to record when it was doen and what it contained.

John