U3d

Guest rbame

Guest rbame

Will IC support *.u3d in the next release? Adobe is using this file format so that you can embed a 3D file into a pdf for easy distribution. You can then rotate, zoom, pan etc in a pdf. This is a must have..

-R

Guest bkline

Yes, please add support for this. Please make sure that there is an option for controling the level of polygon tesselation. The current IC 3D reader is very poor at displaying curved surfaces and is NOT useable for sharing design concepts with clients. My clients need to see the exact same image that I see when viewing a native IC file. Otherwise there is just to much confusion trying to explain that its a viewer limitation and not the 3D data. Please, please, please support this as it would save a ton of time that I now spend generating 2D screen shots. Plus, this would also solve the display problem of sharing 3D data viewers with Macintosh clients (I think).

• 3 weeks later...

That is really slick...

I have used IPA quite a bit... to do animations.. makes doing animations in Pro much easier...

You can't constrain things as logically as you can in IC animations.....really slick camera sweeps are possible.. with pauses.. really easy overall.

IC animation is still much better...

A useful program when you have a package that doesnt have or has a really complex animation package...

Edited by mmccall